£100k - £30k
up to 75%
3 - 24 months
What are overseas bridging loans?
If you live overseas, our bespoke bridging loans can be adapted to suit your individual financial requirements, especially if you are:
- A property investor looking to expand your UK property portfolio
- Interested in investing in Prime Central London property
- Investing in buy-to-let property
What are our key offshore loans product criteria?
We understand how tight the timeframes can be and therefore place utmost importance on both speed and quality service. Our dedicated underwriting team will assess the bridging application and respond to the initial enquiry within 4 hours. The underwriter assigned to the case will become the sole point of contact throughout the client’s bridging experience with MFS – they will make sure that the client and broker are up to date at every stage of the process.
*All legal advice must be carried out in the UK, by a UK practicing solicitor. However, delivery of legal advice can take place via Skype or Facetime to benefit the client.
When could I use an overseas bridging loan?
Who can apply for an overseas bridging loan?
- Offshore individuals / trusts
- Offshore companies
- Foreign nationals
- Complex overseas structures
- Offshore asset to overseas buyer
- Transfer offshore to onshore
Can I use overseas bridging finance to buy offshore property?
What should I look out for when purchasing UK property from overseas?
You will need to account for tax when buying property in the UK from abroad. This includes:
- Stamp duty land tax: SDLT is payable on properties in the UK from £125,000+.
- Tax surcharges: When buying UK property from overseas, you will need to ensure you budget for additional stamp duty land tax fees levied on overseas buyers. On 1st April 2021, a 2% overseas buyer surcharge came into force.
To find the right property for you, there are a few things you may wish to consider:
- If renting, what kind of tenants do you want to attract?
- What type of property are you looking to buy?
- Do you want your property to be in commuting distance to a major town or city?
- What is your budget?
Answers to all of these questions will help determine which area of the UK you are able to purchase your property, and which will work best for you.