1) Welcoming in the new year with our new head office
After a quiet Christmas and January restrictions, we welcomed our team back to Mayfair by moving into our own MFS building. It was a large step for the company and a turning point that marked a positive start for a positive year not only for us as a company, but for the entire bridging industry.
Renovated during the pandemic, our new home came with COVID-securities. Being fully compliant with social distancing measures of the time ensured we kept all our staff members and visitors safe as restriction levels returned to normal across the year.
2) 753 – An MFS initiative
In May, we released our latest initiative 753 (75-cubed) to help homebuyers take advantage of a lucrative property market that appeared during the stamp duty holiday.
- £75-million funding pot
- For residential bridging loans at a loan-to-value (LTV) of 75%
- AT a bridging rate of 0.75%
To mirror the initiative, LTVs for 60% and 70% were also reduced, in-line with the new scheme.
We designed 753 to fast-track residential property deals in coming months, as the market became flooded with new buyers. It applied to any residential asset, up to the value of £2 million.
3) New products, new faces; reduced rates
As the stamp duty holiday flooded the market with new buyers, MSF became awash with demand. To meet our increased enquiries from both brokers and private clients, we grew our team by 40% within the first half of 2021.
We meet new market demands, and we also:
- Secured two new funding lines worth £350 million
- Increased our maximum loan amount to £30 million
- Launched a new development exit bridging product
- Created a new product tailored specifically for large loans worth £4 million to £30 million+
All these changes reflected the continuous demand we experienced across the year, and how we adapted to the needs and concerns of the ever-changing market. They allowed us to provide more bridging deals and larger, more complex cases – such as a £6.6 million bridging loan which enable a client to purchase a shopping centre in the North West of England.
4) Happy 15th Birthday
This November, we celebrated 15 wonderful years of MFS. Whilst age might not mean everything, our industry experience is what enables us to work swiftly and specialise in complex lending.
This milestone has given us the chance to look back to see not just how some of the UK’s largest cities have change but also the achievements that we have accomplished within the industry:
- We grew our business from 5 – 50+ employees
- We became the first UK bridging lender to expand to Asia
- We increased our funding lines
- We joined important industry bodies such as NACFB, ASTL and FIBA
- Expanding our partnerships and panels
- Releasing our own independent research on a quarterly basis
We’re proud to be part of the bridging industry, particularly at such a fundamental time and we look forward to the next 15 years of MFS.
5) MFS begins pilot for BTL mortgages
After celebrating 15 years within the bridging industry, we soft-launched our first mortgage product in the buy-to-let market. Over the past 12 months, rental charge for the private sector has increased by 1.5% in the 12 months leading up to October 2021; showing a positive demand from tenants. In fact, research from Zoopla show that the rental price growth has reached its highest level since 2008.
Source: Gov.uk – Zoopla
Our new BTL product offers the MFS speed and flexibility of our bridging loans but with the expertise and longer-terms of either two- or three-year mortgage. These loans provide borrowers with the optionality and breathing space between bridge exits or initial purchases and future long-term financing, all with a bespoke approach.
Our buy-to-let product will be fully launching at beginning of 2022. You can find out more about our buy-to-let criteria and contact the team here.
Here’s to another year
Whilst there have been plenty of other amazing moment for us here at MFS this year:
- MFS issues £2.9 million commercial bridging loan
- New deadline driven rates released as MFS launches the 753 initiative
- MFS secures a further £50m towards its .75% interest at 75% LTV initiative
- MFS partners with Twenty7Tec
We are looking forward to the road ahead. We have already started to questions what the property market and bridging industry has in-store for 2022. What we do know is that MFS will be here to support you, or your clients, in the New Year. You can also contact our team today by clicking here.
Here’s to the New Year, may it be prosperous and with less Covid lockdowns.