Executive Director at MFS
Tiba Raja founded MFS, a specialist finance company offering bridging loans and buy-to-let mortgages to property investors, in 2006. As the company’s executive director, she focuses on strategy, marketing, and business development.
Tiba oversees several strategic efforts to push MFS from strength to strength. This includes ensuring MFS has a strong presence at industry events. But also provides informative content for its clientele, and offers a shining example for how the market can be supported.
Tiba Raja brings a broad spectrum of experience and expertise to MFS. She has specialised in the banking, and general finance arenas. She has previously worked at Goldman Sachs (Market Data Analyst), Aviva (Market Data Analyst), and the investment arm of HSBC (IT Finance Accountant).
Tiba Raja has a Postgraduate Certificate in Finance from London School of Business & Finance and is also a Fellow Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA). Tiba completed her Digital Marketing Professional by Westminster University and has attained CeMAP – IFS Level 3 Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice. Her CPD certifications also include Treating Customers Fairly, Anti-Money Laundering, and Terrorist Financing – NACFB.
The Core Values
Since founding MFS, Tiba Raja’s goal has remained unchanged: to support the property market with bespoke finance for those that don’t fit the high street model. Tiba has created a company and workforce that understands that the real world is complicated. Property investors are more than their latest credit score or income statement. By focusing on providing truly bespoke services, Tiba Raja has supplied investors with optionality in the face of an increasingly rigid mainstream market.
In recent years, Tiba Raja was awarded Campaign of the Year at the Mortgage Industry Marketing Awards while also being named one of Mortgage Introducer’s Elite Women. With her support and guidance, MFS has also won:
- Best Bridging Lender at the Mortgage Introducer Awards 2022
- A Top Mortgage Employer Award from Mortgage Introducer in 2022
- Financial Reporter’s Best Specialist Lender Award for 2022
- Financial Reporter’s Mortgage Industry Marketing Awards – Campaign of the Year for 2022
- Editor’s Choice Award at the B&C Awards in 2021
- NACFB’ Rising Star of the Year Award in 2020
Matters Close To The Heart
As well as working on business initiatives, Tiba Raja dedicates a large portion of her time to supporting MFS’ many charitable causes, including:
- Children with Cancer – the leading national charity dedicated to the fight against childhood cancer
- Vedanta Institute London – an organisation determined to bring social upliftment to the UK by providing education on the fundamental principles of life and living
- Rays of Sunshine – a charity formed to brighten the lives of children who are living with serious or life-limiting illnesses
- Oracle Trust – a leading charity funding key research into head and neck cancer
- Go Beyond – a charity helping children living in poverty, facing abuse or bullying, or who are caring for loved ones escape their day-to-day worries with breaks in the countryside
Charity work is one of Tiba Raja’s passions and she is happy to lend her skills and time to such worthwhile endeavours.
As one of the few female directors in the financial industry, Tiba Raja uses her position to highlight the importance of equality and diversity throughout the sector. She is proud that almost half of the MFS team are women, and female employees account for over 50% of management roles in the company.
Wherever needed, Tiba is ready and willing to do what she can to make MFS an enjoyable, and nurturing place to work. She has played a pivotal role in organising social events and rewards for her hardworking staff. This includes dinners, seasonal gifts, and even weekends away. Outside of work, Tiba is a mum to two grown-up boys who continue to excel, thanks to an impressive work ethic inspired by Tiba and all her achievements.
Regardless of whether Tiba is with external stakeholders, her internal workforce, or at home with her family, Tiba Raja is keen to see smiling faces everywhere she goes.